Mobilize Canada’s research talent in the academic, private and public sectors and apply it to strengthen the competitive ability of the Canadian microelectronics and information technology industries.
- Stimulate leading edge fundamental and applied research, based on excellence as measured by international standards, in areas critical to Canada’s future.
- Educate and train world class scientists and engineers in technologies that are essential to Canada’s productivity and economic growth.
- Accelerate the exchange of research results within the Network and facilitate the transfer of this knowledge to, and its absorbtion by, organizations that can harness it to advance Canada’s economic and social development.
- Integrate University, Industry and Government efforts in the microelectronics area into a national network to enhance Canada’s industrial competitiveness on the international stage.
- Manage multidisciplinary, multisectoral research programs of nationwide scope and develop partnerships that integrate the research and development priorities af all participants.